If you suffer from sciatica, you are no doubt extremely familiar with the sharp frequent pain that can sometimes be incredibly intense. It is characterized by pain originating in the lower back area or buttocks and continues down to one or both legs. The pain is dull and sharp. It feels like being pricked by sharp needles and may occur constantly or occasionally. A common misconception is that sciatic pain is a disorder. This is not true, as it is actually a symptom of a disorder. If you suffer from sciatica, one of the best ways to manage the pain is to seek the help of a top local chiropractor in Rocklin, CA.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Sciatica affects a large nerve called the sciatic nerve, which extends from the lower back, and radiates down the back of each leg. The symptoms of sciatica include:
- Pain in the rear or leg that worsens when sitting
- Burning sensation running down both legs
- Weakness or numbness in the legs
- Difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A sharp and shooting pain that can make standing up difficult
- A constant pain that affects one side of the rear
In most cases, sciatica affects only one side of the lower body. Pain often starts from the lower back and travels all the way through the back of the thigh, and down through the leg. In some patients, sciatic pain may also reach the foot or toes. Additionally, the pain can be severe for some patients while it might be an irritating, infrequent pain for others, but that can get worse.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Sciatica by Chiropractors
Diagnosis of sciatica is extremely important. A leading local chiropractor in Rocklin, CA will examine the patient, and review their medical history to determine the cause of the sciatic pain. Chiropractic treatment is based on the principle that restricted movement of the spine results in pain and reduced function. With the help of chiropractic care, the body heals itself with a non-surgical or non-invasive, drug-free treatment.
Chiropractors use treatments to manage sciatic pain, including:
- Cold/Ice Therapy: This type of treatment helps in reducing inflammation and controlling sciatic pain.
- Ultrasound: This type of treatment involves gentle heat that is created by sound waves and is penetrated deep into tissues. It boosts circulation, and lowers stiffness, cramping, swelling, muscle spasms and pain.
- Spinal Manipulations or Adjustments: There are spinal adjustments at the core of the chiropractic care. Manipulations of the spine free restricted movement and help in restoring vertebral bodies that are misaligned to their proper position in the spine. Spinal manipulations or adjustments are the treatments that distinguish chiropractic care from other medical disciplines.
Get Top-Notch Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
If you suffer from sciatica, make sure that you seek the help of a reputed local chiropractor in Rocklin, CA to help alleviate the pain. For the best chiropractic care, look no further than Connected Chiropractic. Our chiropractors have years of experience and will help you get on your feet in no time at all! To schedule an appointment, call us now at 916-624-4553.
Dr. Michelle Arietta has a thorough understanding of the science, philosophy and art of chiropractic to help people improve body function to its highest potential allowing them to live life fully connected. She is passionate about serving pregnant moms, children, and families who are seeking natural ways to stay healthy and vital. Dr. Michelle is a 2002 graduate of Life Chiropractic College West and has completed over 200 hours in postgraduate pediatric and prenatal care and has been Webster Certified by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association since 2002. Her clinic offers cutting-edge diagnostic tools to objectively measure a person’s current state of health, including heart rate variability testing, surface EMG, and thermography. Follow Connected Chiropractic on Facebook and Dr. Arietta on Instagram.